In Japan, the most prestigious teas are the Ichibancha, which means "first harvest". This tea is a Shincha Ichibancha, from the famous Sencha-producing region of Shizuoka. This tea is produced from the Yabukita cultivar. It is made by a skilled producer, Mr. Masuda, and it is come from Makinohara.
Its round texture, as well as its complex aromatic profile consisting of subtle vegetal, fruity and marine notes, make this a delicate sencha Ichibancha.
The Choice of Francois-Xavier Delmas
TEA SOMMELIER EXPERT AND FOUNDER OF PALAIS DES THÉS
- Shizuoka, Japan
- Tea colour:
- green tea
- Appearance: fine needles
- Colours: dark green, golden highlights
- Scents: vegetal, shellfish, fruity
- Scents : marine notes, vegetal, fruity
- Colours: pale green
- Texture: smooth
- Flavours: umami, sweet finish
- Aromas: fresh vegetal, marine notes (white fish), fresh hazelnut, floral, vanilla hints
- Aromatic profile and length in the mouth: its elegant and complex notes are revealed one after the other, and have a long finish when tasting. A round and thick texture combines with subtle vegetal, marine, fruity and floral fragrances. A sophisticated Yabukita Grand Cru.
Suggestion of preparation
With the tasting set: 2 minutes in water heated to 70°C
Grands Crus: savour the exceptional
Rare and ephemeral, teas identified as Grands Crus by Palais des Thés are the result of alchemy between a tea plant variety, its terroir and the talent of an artisan grower. Meticulously plucked, processed and sourced in the most respected tea gardens, our Grands Crus unveil unique flavours that reflect the refinement of their origins.